Learn and develop yourself with optical systems software development, in an inspiring and dynamic environment!
Are you triggered by software for advanced user products? Do you want to challenge yourself by working on cutting-edge, patented technology that enables quantitative surface particle measurements? Are you looking for a job in an exciting start-up company? Then we are looking for you!
You will get the opportunity to be working with real customer cases, in a global market with major international players. Our customers are always high-end and high tech.
- Review requirements and designs of several subsystems, check compliance to the chosen architecture and facility interfaces and “standards”.
- Design, code and test software for several systems and subsystems ranging from software algorithms to user interfaces.
- Troubleshoot for selected subsystems and test setups in case of failure.
- Create the proper documentation during this development process.
What do we require from you?
Furthermore, you need to have (most of) the following skills:
- 0-5 years’ experience.
- A Bachelor or Master in Software Engineering, Physics or similar.
- Experience with C++ and Python.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- To be independent, pro-active yet structured, showing responsibility and ownership working closely together in a scale-up team.
- Living and working (permit) in The Netherlands .
- Eager to learn about microtechnology and technical cleanliness.
- You know how to solve things in hardware or software and how to make sure they collaborate.You are up to date on technologies and ways of working in the software industry.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience in the Semicon or Display industry, especially in contamination control.
- Experience in industrial metrology, or analytical instruments. In the lab and in manufacturing.
- You have statistical skills.
- Dutch language or culture knowledge.
- You are interested in image processing, and/or machine vision and like to follow the trends in these industries.
- Experience in the field of mechatronic systems.
- Experience in the field of UX design.
- Knowledge on complex data processing algorithms, real time software and operating systems.
- Experience with delivering according a given architecture.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Development and Configuration Management processes.
- Experience in delivering software to customers.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and fast-moving engineering environment, being in contact with customers, suppliers and the other engineers at our company.
- Demonstrated to be a “team player” with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation.
- The ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on).
- You are familiar with scrum/sprints, V-model and waterfall ways of working.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time.
- A good command of the English language, both written and oral.
What makes working at Fastmicro worth it?
We offer you the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies in an inspiring and dynamic, high-tech scale-up in the Brainport Eindhoven region, where you can grow with the company and develop your skills to the fullest. You get to work on cutting edge technologies in software development, optics, scatterometry, and mechatronics and to utilize your skills on tomorrow’s products, both industrial and consumer. Finally, you will have impact on the market and global footprint by reducing waste (chemicals, non-quality, etc.) while being part of a small entrepreneurial scale-up company in a start-up hub.
You will also get:
- A competitive salary of €36.000-€42.000 annually, depending on your experience and profile.
- Secondary conditions like 25 vacation days and holiday allowance of 8%.
- The option to participate in our pension arrangements.
- A permanent contract.
What do our co-workers say about Fastmicro?
Fastmicro is a great place to work with good work/life balance and the flexibility to partly work from home and travel. You will be welcomed by an enthusiastic team of ambitious colleagues, with Friday afternoon drinks, and you can join our voluntary weekly bootcamp on Thursdays. For personal development there is coaching and training available, and technical training and support with internal and external partners.
Interested? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Response to this vacancy by employment agencies and similar is not appreciated.