(Junior) Product Engineer
Learn and develop yourself with optical systems software development, in an inspiring and dynamic environment!
Are you triggered by contamination control for clean environments? Do you want to challenge yourself by working on cutting-edge, patented technology that enables quantitative surface particle measurements? Are you available directly or very soon? Then we are looking for you!
You will get the opportunity to be working with real customer cases, close to the market in a global market with major international players. Our customers are always high end and high tech.
This is your perfect job for you:
- Are fascinated by working on cutting-edge technology in the field of software, optics, and mechanics for particle detection
- Want to contribute to reduced global footprint by waste reduction and cost of non-quality
- Want to work in an environment where your contribution is valued and directly implemented where possible
- Enjoy working on a commercial product, directly offered to the market
- Like working in a scale-up team, where we combine improvisation with professionalism
- Like to vary scientific with hands-on work in the Fastmicro in-house cleanroom and testing facilities
- Prefer short communication lines to management
As a junior product engineer, you will be working directly with our multi-disciplinary team of engineers on contamination control. This covers application/customer advice, contamination control solutions, understanding norms and standards for contamination, testing and sales support, both R&D and hands-on. It is important that you can work in a team and have a practical mindset about engineering.
Some of the main tasks include:
- Identifying different bottlenecks in the cleaning and particle measurement processes based on customer feedback
- Creating test plans and carrying out the tests (in our cleanroom)
- Performing literature studies on contamination control and norms
- Supporting the engineering and sales team on particle contamination (sources, problems and solutions)
The products that you will be working with include:
- Sample Scanner -> Detecting particles on surfaces by using samplers
- Product Scanner -> Detecting particles on full wafers, reticles and pellicles
- Particle Fall-Out Scanner -> For continuous particle measurement
What we expect from you?
- 0-5 years’ experience
- A Bachelor or Master in Engineering or Physics.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- To be independent, pro-active yet structured, showing responsibility and ownership working closely together in a scale-up team
- Living and working (permit) in The Netherlands
- Eager to learn about microtechnology and technical cleanliness
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience in the Semicon or Display industry, especially in contamination control
- Experience in industrial metrology, or analytical instruments. In the lab and in manufacturing.
- You have statistical skills
- Dutch language or culture knowledge
- You are interested in image processing, software development and/or machine vision
What makes working at Fastmicro worth it?
We offer you the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies in an inspiring and dynamic, high-tech scale-up in the Brainport Eindhoven region, where you can grow with the company and develop your skills to the fullest. You get to work on cutting edge technologies in optics, scatterometry, software development and mechatronics and to utilize your skills on tomorrow’s products, both industrial and consumer. Finally, you will have impact on the market and global footprint by reducing waste (chemicals, non-quality, etc.) while being part of a small entrepreneurial scale-up company in a start-up hub.
You will also get:
- A competitive salary of €36.000-€42.000 annually, depending on your experience and profile
- Secondary conditions like 25 vacation days and holiday allowance of 8%
- The option to participate in our pension arrangements
- A permanent contract
What do our co-workers say about Fastmicro?
Fastmicro is a great place to work with good work/life balance and the flexibility to partly work from home and travel. You will be welcomed by an enthusiastic team of ambitious colleagues, with Friday afternoon drinks, and you can join our voluntary weekly bootcamp on Thursdays. For personal development there is coaching and training available, and technical training and support with internal and external partners.
Interested? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Response to this vacancy by employment agencies and similar is not appreciated.